Cookies

This blog uses cookies. To use this blog you must consent to the use of cookies.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Stephan's Quintet

Stephan's Quintet by Joshua Bury
Stephan's Quintet, a photo by Joshua Bury on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Stephan's Quintet is a compact group of interacting galaxies in the constellation Pegasus. I've always had a thing for interacting galaxies (in fact, that's part of the reason I started in astronomy, in high school I was extremely fascinated by the structure that emerged from seemingly chaotic masses of stars). I observed this group for the first time last week from my favorite dark sky observing site. It was pretty surreal seeing their ghostly light a midst the stars of our own Milky Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Google Search Box

Custom Search